SeeClickFix Job Openings
Join a growing startup team that is connecting 100,000's of citizens to each other and their government world wide. Our data feeds are distributed by hundreds of media partners who use the data to inform readers and hold their government accountable. SeeClickFix is an affirmative action - equal opportunity employer.
Come join us in remaking the user interface to government. Power to the community!
We believe treating our employees right is important to doing great work. Here are the benefits we are offering right now:
- Competitive Salary
- Equity - Everyone who works here owns a bit of the company's success
- Each engineer gets the latest gear to help them excel at their job
- Conferences - Continue your learning at conferences and we will pick up the tab
- Health insurance benefits
- Three weeks paid time off
If you don't see an open position that is right for you but you're interested in working at SeeClickFix we encourage you to reach out!
Send us your resume and a letter of interest
We are looking for senior developers (5+ years of experience) who have 2+ years of experience with one or more of the following
- Ruby on Rails developer with DevOps experience
- iOS Mobile Developer
- Android Mobile Developer
Successful applicants will have a history of learning new technologies
and working effectively in a team environment.
Our engineering practices include agile development, pair programming,
test driven development, continuous deployment, and responsive design.
Our product roadmap involves solving problems in the areas of
mapping, geospatial databases, workflow management, external
integrations, social networks, data analysis, accessibility
Applicants for these position must be ...
- able to work in our New Haven, Connecticut office
- comfortable with change and continuous learning
- willing to develop in a pairing environment
- familiar with testing methodologies and frameworks
- familiar with building and shipping production applications
- comfortable with git or other revision control systems
The following aren't required but would be helpful ...
- devops experience including Heroku, AWS, Linux VMs, chef, etc.
- UI/UX design experience (web or mobile)
- experience with HTTP based APIs such as REST, JSONAPI, or SOAP
- familiar with Postgres or other SQL databases in a production environment
- GIS mapping systems or APIs
- a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a closely related program
Interested? Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
and include the following information:
- A copy of your resume (text or PDF please) and/or links to an online resume.
- Links to any other resources that you think would help us learn about you. (blog, GitHub, apps, etc.)
- A link to an article, blog entry, tutorial, slide deck, etc. about software
development or technology that you recently found interesting.
Customer Success Positions
We are currently looking for a Customer Success Support Specialist
Are you a great listener? Do you value helping people? Want to make an impact and do work that is meaningful? This opportunity is for you!
We are looking for a motivated and hands-on person with customer support experience to join our Client Services team in the role of Customer Success Specialist. You will be tasked with responding to client and resident requests for support. As a member of the Customer Success Team, this role serves as one of the main entry points for clients and citizen to reach out for help.
This listing is for a full-time position at our office in downtown New Haven.
Ideal Candidates are…
- Passionate and driven to continually learn and achieve more
- Dedicated to crazy awesome excellent customer service
- Skilled at connecting with people on a human-level to achieve connectedness and partnership
- Willing to tackle the unknown with little direction
- Patient and optimistic, and translate that ethic into written and verbal communications
- Ability to turn an upset user into a user for life
- Prepared to carry weight for others and take on tasks outside of your typical responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to tackle small, sometimes redundant, tasks quickly
- Friendly, responsive, and timely reply to all client and citizen requests for support (via email, tickets and phone)
- Coordinate zero to minimal backlog of outstanding support requests at all times
- Manage and process SeeClickFix.com site moderations multiple times per day
- Work with teammates to ensure coverage for support M-F 8am-6pm ET
- Actively ensure that support tasks are not landing on the plates of other non-support staff – proactively seek to address all support tasks
- Create and promote FAQ content to drive self-service support
- Become an expert in and knowledgeable of the SeeClickFix community, CRM and mobile products
- Be involved in conversations about product features and defects, and share ideas on enhancements and solutions
- Advise on client feature requests
- Take on and complete ad hoc projects, as directed by management
Education & Related Experience:
- College degree or equivalent
- Experience with social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience with mobile devices
- Able to understand and discuss basic web technology
- Comfortable learning and figuring out new technology
- Understanding of civics and local government structure, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of html, a plus
We are currently looking for a Growth Marketing Associate
Works with the Sales Team to identify compelling narratives, while organizing research and content creation and distribution to drive demand. This work is full-time or contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The SeeClickFix Marketing Analyst spearheads demand generation and works with the Sales Team to help with lead generation and general sales enablement. In addition, they identify compelling narratives in the SeeClickFix community, while organizing research and content creation and distribution to drive demand and convert sales leads. They will be a self-starter, metrics-oriented, an excellent communicator and writer, and have an eye for design.
Because SeeClickFix is a civic communication platform, there have been lots of stories over the years. Your goal is to leverage these stories along with existing relationships with journalists and city partners to refine and amplify the story of SeeClickFix throughout the world. You will find these stories in many places, including:
- Users: government, citizen and community groups
- SeeClickFix employees: there are lots of experts in the lunchroom!
- Friends: we have many friends in the open data, government, + civic tech space.
We are a small team, so you will focus on all three areas of our content strategy with the team:
- Curation and creation of compelling stories
- Distribution and promotion to reach target audiences
- Lead conversion and nurturing across the pipeline
- Measuring success of campaigns to reach specific ROI
In addition, the Marketing Analyst will help with sales enablement as needed.
The nature of this work involves having an eye for design. Although a formal design background is not required, we’d love to see experience designing flyers, slides, or images using tools such as InDesign or Sketch. Feel free to share with us some samples.
You are familiar with a few of these and are excited to learn them all:
- Analytics tools: Google Analytics
- Content tools: iMovie, Medium, GoToWebinar, Microsoft Office, Google Docs
- Design tools: Sketch
- Promotion tools: Facebook/Social Ads, Adwords, Retargeting, Paid Email, Conference, MuckRack
- Social: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Sprout
- Nurturing: Pardot, Drift
- Data tools: Mechanical Turk, Data Loader, Salesforce
Interested in applying? Please send resume and cover letter (optional) to Mike Nargi, Global Head of Sales
SeeClickFix is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner—without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.